Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Are we in trouble? #Ringgit Malaysia All time low.....

I was planning my US trip since early of the year to attend my sister's wedding in the states. Then US dollar is between  2.98 -3.05 Ringgit per 1 US dollar ( Early of the year before the Malaysia General Election on 5TH May 2013). Things look very positive and i was waiting for the US exchange rate to fall further. But after the Malaysia general election things did not look so good after all. This month Ringgit Malaysia have fallen to an all time low since 1997 ( 1USD = 3.33 RM , that a 10% increase on what what we need to pay to get 1USD early of the year). Bad news for me, my expenses for this coming trip will cost me 10% more. Below calculation will tell show you why :-


Early 2013 exchange rate 1USD = 3RM

Trip total cost USD 8000 = RM 24000

Now August 2013 exchange rate 1USD = 3.33RM

Trip total cost USD 8000 = RM 26640.


Difference = RM 2640 ( I have to pay extra for the same thing )

Well that's only my personal expenses I am talking about, but as a country we heading towards a very bad situation...#inflation #Price increase and many others negative factors. I really wonder what the government is doing about this. For me personally, I do not have have any confidence with the Government under the current administration. Hope for the best prepare for the worse that's all  I can say....

Malaysian Ringgits (MYR) to 1 US Dollar (USD)
http://www.themalaymailonline.com/money/article/wsj-ringgit-outlook-bearish-amid-three-year-low-against-us-dollar


No comments:

Post a Comment